Meet the people behind the research – click on a link to learn more about Dr. Erin Silva or her program’s team:
- Anders Gurda – Program manager for Organic Grain Resources And Information Network (OGRAIN); also previously managed Arlington and NOVIC trials.
- Dylan Bruce – Field and lab tech; manages the NOVIC trials and supports grad students.
- Léa Vereecke – Field and lab tech; manages trials at Arlington including no-till; led analysis of how different management practices contribute to soil microbiome community structure.
- Monica Daane
- Ginny Moore – Working on breeding for resistance to the corn earworm in sweet corn, primarily aimed at serving the needs of organic farmers. Coadvised by Dr. Tracy.
- Charlene Grahn
- Michelle Keller-Pearson
- Kalyn Diederich – Researching temporal and cropping system effects on labile soil carbon and nitrogen pools. Coadvised by Dr. Ruark.
- Greg Richardson – Researching the relative strengths of soil health measurements, with emphasis on carbon and nitrogen cycling. Coadvised by Dr. Ruark.
- Tina Wu – Researching late blight in organic systems. Coadvised by Dr. Gevens.
Former Graduate Students:
- Eric Bietila
- Alex Lyon
- Rachel Weil
- Anne Pfeiffer